Friday, January 15, 2016

Smelling Youth


Sat next to a yearling to me

Though that not how she or he be

A mirrored reflection

Wisdom's flawless perfection

was flashed and seen

I be happy; I still be some kind of keen

Overthinking my space in this chaotic party place

I found a smile; a tickle; a laugh and surprise

As I peered into this years' youths' eyes

I found myself; still; not far away some way

Still capable of the occasional frolicking hay day first of the month pay day!

Ha! ha! come time; I'm ready…

Really, really, really OVER viewing that wedge of hanging, dripping wet lime - that signifies a past mime; acting like she's mine, or me

How to be?

I'm finding my way

Each day I pray

I won't run away

But explore and try out

Until there's no doubt

A place for me remains here and there

Always, peeps, please; be gentle with me

Handle with care

No comments:

Post a Comment